Welcoming everyone to proclaim and live the joy of the Gospel.
Youth Minister – Full-time
Reports to: Director of Parish Engagement
General Description: The role of the youth minister is to develop pastoral based ministry that fosters the total personal and spiritual growth of teenagers and young adults. This position will develop and coordinate parish-based youth programs for middle school youth, a high school youth, and design and implement programs for confirmation candidates. The formation includes catechetical, spiritual, service, and social elements. The candidate must be a team player and have strong organizational, administrative, communication and recruitment skills. An ideal youth minster will have experience in conducting retreats for teens and training for youth leaders. This ministry calls for collaboration with various activities and ministries within the faith formation department and parish.
Detailed Job Responsibilities:
- High School Youth Programs
- Develop and implement a comprehensive High School Faith Formation program.
- Recruit and support adult and peer leaders to serve as HS Core Team.
- Develop inclusive programs that celebrate diversity of youth in North Fulton.
- Support Faith Formation Department with family-centered programs as needed.
- Middle School Youth Programs/Confirmation
- Develop and implement a Middle School Faith Formation programs that also serve as preparation for Confirmation.
- Build pipeline for High School Faith Formation program.
- Collaborate with Faith Formation team to execute Confirmation.
- Recruit and support adult and peer leaders to serve as MS Core Team.
- Community Engagement and Outreach Programs
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with local Middle and High Schools to effectively serve and engage youth to Catholic teaching.
- Identify needs of unengaged Catholic teens (parishioners and non-parishioners) and create opportunities to learn and grow in their faith. Some examples can include but are not limited to bible study-on and off site, retreats, and mission trips.
- Market and promote youth centered programs to all via STA platforms (social media, bulletin, website, email), local newspapers, and other means.
- Generate reports as needed.
- Maintain communication parents of teens ie: newsletter, phone calls, email, flyers and social media.
- Attend staff meetings and staff prayer days.
- Maintain annual budget.
- Laptop will be provided to allow log in from home or work from home if needed.
Role Related Values & Skills
- Work as a team with Faith Formation Staff.
- Listen to and serve parishioners, especially Faith Formation families in a hospitable and caring environment.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with STA staff, clergy, and parishioners and refer other staff to assist parishioner needs when appropriate.
- Honor confidentiality of all private information.
- Maintain a professional work area.
- Be an effective team member of the staff and work cooperatively with other staff members.
- Previous experience in youth ministry required.
- Strong working knowledge of Catholic Church and Catholic teaching
- Strong human relations and effective communications skills.
- Displays thoughtfulness to others, understands different viewpoints of parish members, and always uses good judgment.
- Is emotionally and physically able to perform duties required of assignment.
- Personal dress and appearance should be appropriate to the business and ministry of the church.
- Exhibits loyalty and confidentiality in all working relationships with the parishioners, the pastor, and other contacts.
- Professional and proficient in Microsoft Office, Parish Soft (ability to be trained), and necessary technology essential for duties required of assignment.
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize while meeting deadlines and maintain flexibility.
- Some college or formal training preferred.
- Bilingual, English/Spanish, preferred.