Welcoming everyone to proclaim and live the joy of the Gospel.
Resources Manager - Part-time
20 hours per week
General Description: Coordinate the various ministries at St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic Church, including the development and implementation of a consistent parish-wide recruitment, training, and support plan. Priority in the first six months will be given to oversee the newcomer welcome process.
Detailed Job Responsibilities:
- Oversee an ongoing parish-wide process to recruit, train, and support ministers including leadership development.
- Develop, implement, and oversee the process by which the parish welcomes new parishioners.
- Oversee the recruitment, screening, training, scheduling, supervision, support, and evaluation of ministers.
- Motivate and inspire ministers. Connect parishioners’ experience, strengths, and interests to various parish ministries.
- Oversee the development of materials and forms as needed, including ministry handbooks, training manuals, job descriptions, etc.
- Plan and coordinate ministry appreciation and recognition events.
- Enthusiasm and passion for people.
- Excellent interpersonal, networking and motivation skills.
- Knowledge of the Catholic Faith and Catholic practices required.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills; ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of Parish Soft preferred.
- Knowledge of social media.
- The ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends.
- Must be comfortable with the Spanish language.
Education & Experience: A BA, BS, or other degree in a related field. Two years of successful ministry coordination or experience in managing people (i.e., human resources experience).
Application Process: Send a cover letter explaining your interest, background, and qualifications for this position, your resume, and contact information for three references to [email protected]