Welcoming everyone to proclaim and live the joy of the Gospel.
Preschool Lead Teacher – Part-time
Status: Non - Exempt
Reports to: Preschool Director and Assistant Director
- Supervises and cares for all children in a nurturing and respectful manner.
- Plans and implements a developmentally appropriate curriculum.
- Creates a center-based, literacy rich classroom environment.
- Maintains health and sanitation standards in the classroom.
- Blends religious education throughout the preschool program.
- Maintains positive guidance strategies and conferences with parents to solve problems.
- Maintains attendance records, daily reports and assessments.
- Participates in orientation, staff meetings, in-service, workshops, staff development, CPR/First Aid.
- Follows program guidelines based on guidelines provided by the Director of Parish Preschools, Office of Catholic Schools.
- Checks environment on a regular basis to insure quality, health and safety.
- Cares for equipment and supplies.
- Supports NAEYC and the accreditation process when applicable.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by the Preschool Director and Assistant Preschool Director.
Time Allocation: Part Time
- Must show respect for the institutions of the Roman Catholic faith.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of a two year Associate Degree in Early Childhood, Child Development or related field or one year experience working with young children in a child care center, family day care, nursery, or preschool setting.
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Have current CPR and First Aid training.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Comfortable with prolonged sitting or standing, the ability to lift 40 pounds and squat to a child’s height and maintain eye contact at that level.
- Not suffering from any physical handicap or mental disorder which would interfere with the person’s ability to perform the essential functions of his/her assigned duties adequately with or without appropriate accommodation.
Employee will be subject to Personnel Policies and procedures prescribed for all personnel .The above statements are intended to generally describe the work being performed for the person holding this position: they are not necessarily an exhaustive list of the responsibilities, tasks, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the position.