Welcoming everyone to proclaim and live the joy of the Gospel.
Family Faith Formation Coordinator – Part-time (maximum 1456 hours/year)
Reports to: Director of Parish Engagement
General Description: The role of the Family Faith Formation Coordinator is to develop pastoral based ministry that fosters the total personal and spiritual growth of STA families with children ages 4-12 years old. This position involves implementing family-focused faith formation programs. There are two family-focused formation models offered. The candidate must be a team player and have strong organizational, administrative and communication skills. An ideal Family Faith Formation coordinator will have experience in family-focused programs, virtual teaching, and catechist certification. This ministry calls for collaboration with various activities and ministries within the faith formation department and parish.
Detailed Job Responsibilities:
- Family Faith Formation Program
- Customize and implement the family focused faith formation program, Families Forming Disciples, offered by the Archdiocese of Atlanta.
- Support the delivery of the Good Shepherd program.
- Design program promotional materials and marketing strategy.
- Oversee program components from start to finish—registration, calendar, group distribution, technology needs, attendance, and reporting.
- Oversee and manage Faith Formation assistants and other STA staff as needed.
- Volunteer Recruitment and Management
- Recruit and support catechist to serve as program facilitators.
- Maintain communication with facilitators related to program content, structure, and needs.
- Collaborate with Faith Formation team to provide ongoing catechist training and development opportunities for facilitators.
- Family Engagement
- Identify needs of unengaged families (parishioners and non-parishioners) and create opportunities to learn and grow in their faith. Some examples can include but are not limited to Sunday events, family fall festival, and Vacation Bible School.
- Market and promote family centered programs to all via STA platforms (social media, bulletin, website, email), local newspapers, and other means.
- Generate reports as needed.
- Maintain communication with families ie: newsletter, phone calls, email, flyers and social media.
- Attend staff meetings and staff prayer days.
- Maintain annual budget.
Role Related Values & Skills
- Work as a team with Faith Formation Staff.
- Listen to and serve parishioners, especially Faith Formation families in a hospitable and caring environment.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with STA staff, clergy, and parishioners and refer other staff to assist parishioner needs when appropriate.
- Honor confidentiality of all private information.
- Maintain a professional work area.
- Be an effective team member of the staff and work cooperatively with other staff members.
- Previous experience in faith formation required.
- Strong working knowledge of Catholic Church and Catholic teaching
- Strong human relations and effective communications skills.
- Displays thoughtfulness to others, understands different viewpoints of parish members, and always uses good judgment.
- Is emotionally and physically able to perform duties required of assignment.
- Personal dress and appearance should be appropriate to the business and ministry of the church.
- Exhibits loyalty and confidentiality in all working relationships with the parishioners, the pastor, and other contacts.
- Professional and proficient in Microsoft Office, Parish Soft (ability to be trained), and necessary technology essential for duties required of assignment.
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize while meeting deadlines and maintain flexibility.
- Some college or 5 years of similar experience required.
- Bilingual, English/Spanish, preferred.
- Days and hours per day will vary, however 28 work hours per week expected.
- Due to nature of job and that it is exempt position, some work will be required off hours, weekends, and holidays to ensure the program needs are met. Employee is responsible to manage hours to an average of 28 per week over a calendar year.
- Laptop will be provided to allow log in from home or work from home if needed.