Welcoming everyone to proclaim and live the joy of the Gospel.
Family Faith Formation Assistant – Part-time (maximum 960 hours/year)
Reports to: Family Faith Formation Coordinator
General Description: The role of the Family Faith Formation Assistant is to administer a pastoral based ministry that fosters the total personal and spiritual growth of STA families with children ages 4-12 years old. This position supports the family-focused faith formation program. The candidate must be a team player and have strong organizational, administrative and communication skills. An ideal Family Faith Formation assistant will have experience with Microsoft Office, Parish Soft, and virtual tools.
Detailed Job Responsibilities:
- Family Faith Formation Program
- Attend weekly Family Faith Formation meetings.
- Maintain communication with facilitators related to scheduling and technical support.
- Provide information and generate reports to Faith Formation Coordinator as needed.
- Support Families with Faith Formation
- Provide calendars, program materials, supplemental resources, and technical assistance to families to ensure success of Family Faith Formation programs.
- Send reminders and follow up with families registered in Family Faith Formation.
- Administer payment process with families and STA Bookkeeper.
- Administrative Duties
- Generate reports as needed.
- Maintain communication with families ie: newsletter, phone, email, flyers and social media.
- Attend staff meetings and staff prayer days.
Role Related Values & Skills
- Work as a team with Faith Formation Staff.
- Listen to and serve parishioners, especially Faith Formation families in a hospitable and caring environment.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with STA staff, clergy, and parishioners and refer other staff to assist parishioner needs when appropriate.
- Honor confidentiality of all private information.
- Maintain a professional work area.
- Be an effective team member of the staff and work cooperatively with other staff members.
- Previous experience in faith formation required.
- Strong working knowledge of Catholic Church and Catholic teaching
- Strong human relations and effective communications skills.
- Displays thoughtfulness to others, understands different viewpoints of parish members, and always uses good judgment.
- Is emotionally and physically able to perform duties required of assignment.
- Personal dress and appearance should be appropriate to the business and ministry of the church.
- Exhibits loyalty and confidentiality in all working relationships with the parishioners, the pastor, and other contacts.
- Professional and proficient in Microsoft Office, Parish Soft (ability to be trained), and necessary technology essential for duties required of assignment.
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize while meeting deadlines and maintain flexibility.
- Some college or 3 years of similar parish experience preferred.
- Bilingual, English/Spanish, preferred.
- 20 hours/week for 48 weeks.
- Work calendar would mirror Fulton County School system with the following exceptions:
- Weekend and evening hours would be expected to meet needs of Parishioners/responsibilities.
- Vacation Bible School in June
- Church holidays that conflict with school holidays
- Some church holidays may require work.